Sunday, March 13, 2011

swarm warnings

Good evening, guys and ghouls.

Playing a wee bit of catch up tonight on some Illustration Friday activities.

The name of the game(s) is Swarm. The next, being Warning.
Both intriguing, yes? Of course.

Swarm begged a lot of insect imagery. Loads of scary fuzzy bees, or ants, or creepy crawlies I was in no way fond of. Butterflies, however? Lovely. And while that was still predictable on my part - I felt having one, the opposite of the term "swarm" would be compelling enough for a great composition.
I decided to capture the one that signalled the inevitable swarm to follow.

Out of my tummy, that is.


The next was kind of a no-brainer (for me, anyway). Warning is a word that is, of course, associated visually with a lot of household product warnings, or even traffic signs.

What's funny to joke about, but could also use a friendly warning?

A woman's curves, no doubt.

Dangerous curves, anyone?


It is what it is, and to be honest - I really dig Illustration Friday as a means of constant creation. On top of all the other assignments I've got sitting here glaring at me? Not so much.
But it's not something I see myself ending after I leave the world of academia. 

Enjoy, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment